IE1M05: DARK ABBEY
THE WAY OF IRA: CHAPTER I
Song Track: 6 - Father Time (CD-Audio), cblood6 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||TBD|
|Number of Secrets|
"Once so peaceful, but now converted to a Dark Abbey. It's here that Cramon created a passage to the Underworld."--Official description
Sailing into a loading bay, Caleb accesses an atrium directing admission through various stretches of an abbey, culminating in a showdown in the main congregational hall that hides a pit into darkness.
- From the start of the level, in the left corner of the room is a locked door. Look for a switch on the pillar farthest away on the same side.
- Enter the door on the right from the start of level. Turn left after killing the zombies and look in the boxes where you find a body armor.
- in the room with the well and the gillbeast statue, look for a blood splat on the side or the roof. On the beam facing the blood splat is a switch. Shoot it to open a gate under the well leading to a super armor.
- in the room with the bookcases and grandfather clock look for a bloody handprint on the clock and press use. It opens up a hidden room behind one of the bookcases.
- An abbey or monastery is the topic of numerous other Blood maps, such as CP04: Lost Monastery from Cryptic Passage (1997) and G1M5: The Monastery from Banzai's Add-On (1998).
- The pit into the underworld also reminds of the passage to hell hidden in the chapel in G1M1: Caleb's Tomb.
- Next to one of the latrines is a picture of an otter, which is Phredreeke's Discord avatar, who runs the Toilets of Build blog.