Episode 2: Scar Trek
Mothership (DWE2M3) is the third level of the second episode of the add-on Death Wish, considerably known as episode 8. It takes place outerspace with Caleb is inside a ship that will be self-destructed.
Song Track: 2 - Pestis Cruento (CD-Audio), pestis (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||60|
|Number of Secrets|
"Head out of the shuttle into the ship bay. Ride the elevator up and go to the control panel to open shuttle 2. Break the canister next to the controls for some shells. When shuttle 2 opens grab the Key inside and return to the upper area to open the gateway out of the ship bay. You will enter the operations hub, or "OPS", and there are a number of ways to go from here. The following method will make sure you are always stocked up with supplies. Go to the armory, grab what you can carry, and head back to OPS. It will be crawling with monsters so ready any explosives you have available. They will pour of out of the open door so make sure you do not blow yourself up. Clear out OPS and go to the cargo bay. In the cargo bay you will need to jump on the boxes to reach the vent system. Hop in and go right. Keep going until you end up in the room with the swinging chains. Continue to the swinging chain room. Get the Eye Key and fight off the monsters. Return to OPS.
Head towards the crew quarters. Kill the Gargoyles in the corridor and go to the next door. The corpse in there will burst with Choking Hands so toss some TNT its way. Continue through the door to the rotating hub, which we will call "Spin Hub". Enter the door marked CREW. Grab the Dagger Key and wait for the foes to break out of the sleep pods (the door you came through will be locked until they all appear). You can lay Remote or Proximity Mines on the pods ahead of time to get them as soon as they appear. Return to Spin Hub.
Enter the door marked POD. You will see the space pod on the right. This room connects to the armory so if you need to restock do it now. Get in the space pod and hit the switch to send it floating around the mothership to the mini ship bay that's connected to the Crew room. Once the pod door opens hop out before it explodes. Grab the Spider Key and head straight back to Spin Hub. At this point you will be able to open a Spider Door by the shuttle bay control panel from the beginning of the mission. You may want to do this now as time will be short after getting the Moon Key.
Enter the door marked CORE. Some Choking Hands will drop from a ceiling grate so look out. You will enter a room full of machinery. Head into the darkened core control room. Hit the 3 switches in order from left to right. Instructions on how to escape the self destruct sequence will be displayed. Push the 2 white pillars and grab the Moon Key. When you do, the self destruct will begin. Immediately run to Spin Hub, then to the POD room, then through the Armory room, then to OPS, then to the shuttle bay control panel. The button for shuttle 3 should be lit up in blue. Press the button and hop down to shuttle 3 to escape."--Bloatoid's Guide
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Gill Beast
- Hell Hound
- Green Spider
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Proximity Detonator
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Life Leech
- Voodoo Doll
For version 1.4, this is the first time when the Voodoo Doll becomes available to the player. It is in the secret area behind the control panel in the Space Pod room (see the sixth secret below)
- On the way to the Cargo Bay, crawl inside a low vent behind a grate with flashing red lights to your right (you can see it clearly by turning on the gamma level in Options menu). Reward: Cloak of Invisibility
- When crawling through the vent inside Cargo Bay to reach the swinging chain room with the Eye key, you will see that there is a breakable grate, break it and follow the passage to the secret Reward: Life Leech
- On the way to crew quaters, after getting rid of the two Gargoyles, turn around. There is a metal grate above the doorway. Fire at it and a secret panel will open to your left (Watch out for sleeping Gill Beasts) Reward: Box of Shells, Shells x4
- Inside the "Spin Hub", there is a metal grate covering an opening between POD and CORE. Go inside but try not to get crushed by the moving walls. Reward: Doctor's Bag, Bullets x4
- From where you grab the Dagger Key, enter the conveyor belt through the broken bars. Go left on the belt to find some sewage water Reward: Medicine Pouch
- Inside the space pod room that connect with the armory, press the computer panel near the space pod. Reward: Voodoo Doll
- In the "CORE" room that required the Spider key, walk behind some of the machinery on the right until you see a flashing switch. Use it to reveal a niche to the right of the switch. Reward: Napalm Launcher, Gasoline Can
- During the escape sequence when the explosions are going off, make a detour into the hallway that connects OPS with the cargo bay, there is a Moon Key door opposite the first secret (Hint: This secret is exclusive in version 1.4 only, so only take it if you're fast enough) Reward: Super Armour