DWE2M10: Dread Faction
Episode 2: Scar Trek
Dread Faction (DWE2M10) is the secret level in the second episode of the add-on Death Wish, considerably known as episode 8. It is accessible by jumping up the ascending string of pillars at the rear castle entrance in DWE2M4: Weird Science to find a hidden elevator at the side of the castle. The level resembles many areas that are filled with Zombies and foes, including the cavern train which is similar to E1M3: Phantom Express and E1M2: Wrong Side of the Tracks, a sewer area, and an underground laboratory run by rebel Cabal who wish to overthrow Tchernobog.
Song Track: 6 - Father Time (CD-Audio), cblood8 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||210|
|Number of Secrets|
"When the elevator stops, head straight ahead and take the lift up at the end of the sewer. Go around the corner and head into the rock area with a large metal gate. Go left and hit the switch to raise it, then hop into the cargo car of the underground train. Use the control panel by the sleeping Zombie then head to the back where the doors will open exposing the Skull Key. Use it to open the gate on the opposite side of the car to proceed to the storage car. Lower the elevator to the left first, bomb the Cultists riding the platform, then open the gate and head up to the kitchen. Grab the Eye Key in the kitchen and be sure to check the fridge for health. Go back down the elevator and head to the dining car through the Eye Doors. The Fire Key lies behind the next set of double doors past the dining area. Head back to the food car and open the fire door. Grab the Dagger Key and go back to the food car. Continue forward until you open the Dagger Door and reach a locked door behind 2 Zealots. Climb around the ledge and get atop the head of the train so you can jump down from the roof into the engine room. Once in the engine room, hit the 2 switches and stand on the opposite side of the room before the train crashes. Move along through the wrecked train and the sewer to the facility rail cart.
Ride it to the facility and move into the steam/disinfection room past the Phantasm. Press on the control panel to start the sequence. When you hear the chime a door will open to a large room made up of 4 pathways. At the center is a key panel where you will open up the blue, red, and white sections (in that order as you obtain a key from each area you enter). Zombies are here in enormous numbers, and will return with reinforcements each time you complete a colored section (along with Gill Beasts in some areas). Activate the blue section first with the Dagger Key you obtained earlier.
Blue: One door leads to some supplies. The next is a small room with some cryo tubes. Hit the switch on the computer panel wall and grab the Moon Key. Return to the key panel and use the Moon Key.
Red: One door leads to a diving suit. The next is a large room with a large cryo-water tank. Ride the elevator down then press on the computer panel at the end of the walkway. The water level will rise high enough for you to jump in without injury. Swim to the bottom and grab the Spider Key. Return to the key panel and use the Spider Key.
White: One door leads to some supplies. The next is a small room with some cryo tubes like the blue section. Hit the switch on the wall with the danger sign to open the final pathway behind the key panel. There is a deluge of baddies in there so ready your explosives.
At the back of the pathway the door is locked, so you will be heading into a vent near the doorway. Crawl through and blast the Zombies. Head down the elevator where you entered the train depot and get ready to take down the final wave of Zombies. Get your Napalm Launcher out for this or you could easily get trapped. Run the elevator ahead where the mission ends."--Bloatoid's Guide
- Acid Pod
- Axe Zombie
- Bloated Butcher
- Fire Pod
- Gill Beast
- Hell Hound
- Flare Gun
- Sawed-Off Shotgun
- Tommy Gun
- Napalm Launcher
- Dynamite Bundle
- Remote Detonator
- Aerosol Can
- Voodoo Doll
- In the train, after using an elevator to get to the kitchen, press on the bloody handprints near the elevator to raise the cupboard next to it Reward: Box of Flares
- Again in the train's kitchen, enter the furnace to get the item Reward: Life Seed
- In the train's dining area, there is a serpent panel to the left of the entrance labelled the Eye key, push it Reward: Voodoo Doll
- In the train's engine, before hitting the switches, again run into the furnace, the secret is all the way in the back hidden behind some fire. Reward: Life Seed
- At the Red-colored section of the large room, from where you grab the Spider key, on the ride back use Jump Boots to hop onto the far ledge with the the waste barrels across the gap Reward: Tesla Cannon, Tesla Charges
- On the way back to the beginning of the level where it ends, you'll eventually revisit the train station earlier and battle two Zombies (where it used to be two Cultists), behind the zombie in the corner near the couch is the secret (watch out for Choking Hands) Reward: Spirit Armour