Castle (E5M9) is the ninth and final level of Cryptic Passage, the first expansion pack for Blood, colloquially known as episode 5. It takes place inside a midieval castle, and ends in an underground grotto with the final boss - the Lord of All Nightmares.
"Finally you arrive at what must be your final destination, an unholy looking castle hidden deep in the Carpathian Mountains. The entities that have detoured your journey dwell here, entities who are already aware of your presence, and have set many traps to stop your journey permanently. Here you must enter this ancient place and seek out the ones within who would oppose you. The castle is extremely large and ancient, but it is said within its walls lies the gateway to the otherworld. A journey you may have to make to see that your business here is finished, once and for all." (from the Cryptic Passage README.TXT)
Song Track: 5 - Infuscomus (CD-Audio) cblood7 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||??|
|Number of Secrets|
- Before you enter the door leading to the walkway surrounded by water, look left. There is a different-colored section of wall. Reward: Life seed
- After the secret above, turn left and jump into the water. Follow the passage and surface. Reward: Beastvision, napalm launcher
- Walk into the fireplace. Reward: Tommy gun
- In a large room with skinny pillars, turn around and face the doorway that you came from. To the left is a marked wall. Push it and a small area with a life seed will be revealed. Push the button here and you will be lowered to a hidden room. Reward: Tesla charges
- In the hallway with suits of armor on either side, there is a hidden switch on the right, between the first and second suits. If you hit it, the middle suit behind you will lower. Reward: Life seed
See also: References in Blood
- The README.TXT description (above) mentions a portal to the "otherworld". In Blood 2, the Reality Beta description for the Death Shroud refers to the Other World.