C1L4: Condemned Tenement
C1L4: Condemned Tenements is the fourth level in the game Blood II: The Chosen (map name: 04_steamtunnels). It resembles a dilapidated building that segues into some underground steam tunnels. In this level, Caleb starts to see random portals to Category:Beta Reality and emerging enemies like Shikari.
Loading Screen Text
BLOODIED, BUT UNDEAD
Gideon got away, but he's still on the run. You'll put him to rights and turn out his lights soon enough. Meanwhile, he's left behind some of his rotten friends for you to deal with. These pestilent meat-chunks do remind one of the undead things that the Cabal used to churn out in the old days... except for that weird stitching on their chests. Something's different about these particular walking-carcasses. But hey, gibs are gibs.
CALEB: I'm not a bad dream, I'm their worst nightmare.
Caleb finds an abandoned building but finds the door locked. He presses the intercom.
CIVILIAN: Who is it?
CALEB: EVERYBODY DIES!
CIVILIAN: Really? Cool. I'm buzzing you in.
CALEB: Now, where did all those gun-toting madmen get to?
He proceeds through the tenement.
- The rez file includes some deleted dialogue and one-liners from this level.
- CALEB: Oh, my, "condemned". This building is far too dangerous for me.
- CALEB: Get ready for a surprise, heeeeeeeeere's Caleb.
- CALEB: I'm your bad feeling.
- CALEB: As we return to our story, back to the killing.
- CALEB: Eviction time.
- CALEB: Ooh, now that's one hell of a barbecue.
- CALEB: Now that's one hell of a fondue.
- CALEB: Now that's what I call a barbecue... lotsa sauce.