DWE1M11: Demon Isle
Episode 3: War is Hell
Demon Isle (DWE3M11) is the second secret level of the third episode of the add-on Death Wish, known as episode 9, it only exclusive in version 1.4 onward only. It is set in an island with full of greenish deadly lava and some vessels to travel to the other place.
Song Track: 7 - Waiting for the End (CD-Audio) cblood9 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||70|
|Number of Secrets|
"Swim to shore. Between the two big rock formations on the beach there is a path into a cave-like area with a sandy floor. Watch out for the Gill Beasts and grab the Shotgun ammo. This room will be called ÒCaveHubÓ. Break the stone face on the right, head up the stairs, and ride the vessel to the far platform. Press on the far platform's column then either return on the vessel or wait for the rock formations to rise up and make a path. Return to CaveHub. Break the stone face to left this time. Go up the elevator, across the bridges, press the stone face to unlock the elevator, and bring the elevator up. Go outdoors and collect some ammo, then take the elevator down. Kill the Hell Hound and taken another elevator down to the bottom. You'll see some stepping stones. Go up the stones, grab the Skull Key, and return to CaveHub. Two Skull Switches should now be available. Press both and then press on the gray column in front of the big door. Take the large vessel down to the next area. Go through the double-doors and into the room with a water-filled hole in the center. We'll call this ÒPool RoomÓ. Hop in the water and located the Eye Key. Return to Pool Room. Go left to the sandy area. Hit all 3 Eye Switches that are grouped together, then press the stone-faced switch beside that group. Return to Pool Room. Go right, across the bridge, and up the elevator. Move the lever at the top. Ride back down and enter the red hallway on the right (behind the waterfall). Get the Dagger Key at the end of the hallway then return to Pool Room. Jump in the water and swim past where you picked up the Eye Key. Open the Dagger Gate and proceed through the pipe. You'll be spat out into a large room with a few enemies guarding the mission exit door just outside the water."
- At the beginning, use Jump Boots to climb up the rocks to the left, then turn right and follow the passage (Hint: This rock area is also accessible by pressing a stone face to bring an elevator up to gain access to an outdoor area with some ammo, which is later in the mission). Reward: Voodoo Doll
- After riding an elevator down to the bottom (the one guarded by Hell Hounds), turn left. Go around the corner by jumping through some green lava, there is a hidden room behind the elevator. Reward: Super Armour
- While riding the vessel to a far platform to press on the platform's column, if you turn around to look where you came from you'll see a gray, horned face above the opening. Shoot it to reveal a hidden stash under the face (Hint: You have to wait for the rock formations to rise up and make a path to return to the secret). Reward: Body Armour, Guns Akimbo
- After unlocking the Skull switches and a gray column to unlock the big door inside Cave Hub, take the large vessel down. On the ride down, jump onto the wall near the pits. You'll see 3 fire pits in a line, make your way to the one in the center. Reward: Life Seed, Asbestos Armour
- In the red hallway there is an Acolyte. Jump to where he was standing and hit a small red switch to reveal a niche to the right of the hallway. Reward: Life Leech