C2L5: Horlock's Station
C2L5: Horlock's Station is the sixteenth level in the game Blood II: The Chosen, and the fifth level of the second chapter (map name: 12_trainstation). It resembles a modern train station, with some construction implements.
Loading Screen Text
STATIONS OF THE CRASS
If you're happy and you know it, pop some brains... If you're happy and you know it, slice some veins... If you're happy and you know it, bouncing heads will clearly show it... Nothing like loving one's work. Another unmentionable station? Well, at least this one is more attractive than the last. Time to put the ol' trigger finger to work. You are definitely from the wrong side of these tracks, and as usual, the light at the end of the tunnel just might be a train.
"Follow the alley around, and use the dumpster to get onto the elevated tracks. Quickly make your way into the tunnel toward the 'Cabalco' sign (the same direction as the train is heading). Jump up on to the platform to your right. Walk into the next room (use the ledge on your left to get to the Batteries) and go down the stairs. At the bottom, you'll find a crawl space. Crouch down and make your way to the street outside (need I warn you that Thieves are lurking in the crawl space, also there's a Voodoo Doll here if you haven't already gotten one). Go down the street, and up the steps. You can't get into the front door of the station, so you'll have to jump into the open window in the nearby tenement. Follow the hall (search the first room to find a Sniper Rifle and some Binoculars), go down the stairs, and into the room (it's the last door you'll find). Search the apartment to find some supplies. Smash the window and jump out onto the fire escape. Climb down the ladder, and enter into the tunnel before you. Follow the alley around, and enter the "Choke & Puke Diner." Go through the door into the kitchen, and shoot the oven to blow a hole in the wall. Go through the hole into the restroom of Horlock's Station. Walk out of the restroom, and go up the steps. Take the hall to your left (you'll find a Willpower power-up if you take the hall to your right, but there's nothing else that way, except for monsters), and keep walking until you get to the Downtown Express Train Platform (it's near the soda machines). Go through the doors, and enter the tunnel to end the level." — Baytor's Guide
- The loading screen mentions "wrong side of these tracks". The second level of the original Blood was E1M2: Wrong Side of the Tracks which had an "easter egg" where the player could travel down a long, long tunnel, only to get killed by a train at the end.
- The menu at the diner offers 'The Cream of SumYungGai'. This is a joke from the movie Wayne's World.
- In the same diner, the kitchen has a barrel containing "Horse Meat - Now With More Testicles!" This is a reference to The Simpsons, where it was served in the school cafeteria.
- "Ahh, now that's a spicy meatball!" - This is from a famous commercial for Alka-Seltzer, where an actor is forced to eat meatballs for take after take, and grows a stomach-ache.
- The Blood II REZ file also contains some dialogue that was cut from the final game:
- CALEB: Sorry, I don't do toilet humor.
- CALEB: Look's like Jo-Jo's hit the big time.
- CULTIST: I don't tip.
CULTIST: What do you mean you don't tip?
CULTIST: I don't believe in it.
CULTIST: You don't believe in it. I bought dinner, chip in a buck, you cheap bastard.
CULTIST: OK, but normally I never do this.
(This dialogue is inspired by a scene in the movie Reservoir Dogs)