C1L1: Cabalco Transit System
C1L1: Cabalco Transit System is the first level in the game Blood II: The Chosen (map name: 01_subwaya). It is where the game story starts, and the first point where the player takes control of Caleb.
Loading Screen Text/Objectives
You just can't sit and enjoy your new issue of Guns N' Gibs while suffering the subway in peace these days. First that ticket guy dared to confiscate yer flask of Ol' Red '99, and then that spineless conductor had to stop the train for an hour just because some snot-nose brat in a baby carriage rolled onto the tracks! You were about to go up there and give him a piece of his own mind but then you recognized his voice... and realized that your day was about to get... interesting.
The daily commute is about to get a little bloody.
"This level shouldn't shouldn't present any problem. In case you never played a game with a "Use" key, you must press it to open the doors between the subway cars. And remember that the civilians often contain Life Essences, so take out your knife and slash away. Just make your way to the front of the train, and the train will crash ending the level."--Baytor's Guide
The camera flies over Gideon inside the conductor's booth of a moving subway car.
GIDEON: This is Gideon, your guest conductor. Hold on tight. The ride might get a little... bloody.
The camera moves to the interior of the car, and zooms in on Caleb.
CALEB: Bring it on.
You start at the back of a subway.
CALEB: Looks like there's killing to do.
Move straight through the subway doors, killing Cultists along the way. At the end of the train, you will find an abandoned control center. At this point the subway will ram into another and derail, and the level will end.
CALEB: End of the line.
- The Blood II REZ file contains some dialogue that was cut from the final game.
- GIDEON: I know you're here Caleb. I look forward to ripping out your spleen and... wearing it as a hat.
- While on the train, a P.A. voice regularly makes announcements and advertisements.
- P.A. VOICE: Welcome to the Cabalco intercity transit system. We realize you have a choice when it comes to mass transit and we're thrilled that you have chosen Cabalco.
- P.A. VOICE: The Cabalco intercity transit system is getting a face lift. Muggings are down 13%, random beatings are down 6%, murders are down 3%, and mass system failures are down a big 7%. Unfortunately, animal mutilations are up a staggering 96%. We appreciate your patronage in this time of transition. Things are moving at Cabalco transit.
- P.A. VOICE: Impaling your fellow passengers with sharp objects is strictly prohibited. Thank you.
- P.A. VOICE: Cabalco transit is a no-smoking environment.
- P.A. VOICE: Now approaching: the downtown express.
- P.A. VOICE: Next stop: Pickman Street.
- P.A. VOICE: Entering the industrial sector.
- P.A. VOICE: Next stop: Ingram Street.
- P.A. VOICE: Please keep arms and legs inside the train at all times. If quick disposal is necessary, detached appendages can be deposited into any of the sterile limb receptacles located near every exit. Thank you for keeping Cabalco transit clean and safe.
- P.A. VOICE: Pickman Street, last stop. Thank you for using Cabalco Transit, Cabalco owned and operated for over 20 years.
- The reference to Ingram street is a possible allusion to Eleanor M Ingram, a weird fiction author best known for The Thing from the Lake (1921). It could also be a reference to Gordon B. Ingram, who designed the MAC-10 sub-machine gun.