E2M2: The Lumber Mill
Episode 2: Even Death May Die
The Lumber Mill (E2M2) is the second level of the second episode in Blood. It depicts an abandoned lumber mill which has been invaded by zombies and cultists, and transformed into a grisly human processing plant.
Song Track: 9 - Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (CD-Audio), cblood3 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||50|
|Number of Secrets|
"Go foward until you see the Dagger key door to your right. Turn left and walk outside. Turn left and walk until you see lumber stacks on your right and the Fire key door to your left. Turn right, and walk past the Skull key door, and you'll see two outhouses on a raised platform. Walk up the stairs and jump into the window where you see the Skull key. Jump back out the window, and retrace your steps and open up the Skull key door. Kill the cultist to get the Moon key. Now go back to the outhouses and open up the right one. Jump down into the smelly mess, and push the switch over lower left side. Now find a place to surface, and you see the Fire key. Grab it and take the stairs to you right up. Find your way back to the Fire key door, enter it, and push the button in front of you. A panel to your left opens up, so jump in, and swim to the bottom to collect the Dagger key. Behind and above you, a hole will open up. Swim into, follow the passage, and jump out at the starting position. Walk down the hall, enter the Dagger key door to your right, and walk down the passage to your left. Push the symbol to end the level."
- At the start, leave the house and go left. There is a pile of lumber in graduated piles. Climb up the lumber, break the window, and jump in. At the right is a small room full of cultists. Push the cupboard to reveal the secret. Reward: Super Armour, Dynamite Bundles
- In the backyard of the house is a pile of wood. Go left as much as you can and climb to the highest pile. There is a hole in the wall near the roof. Reward: Box of Flares, Dynamite Bundles (multiplayer also includes Life Leech)
See also: References in Blood
- The Blood Team released Weekly Blood Development Updates on the 3D Realms website, and said this about this level:
- Update: 06/07/96: Richard is back from vacation and will be completing a special theme map that takes place in a lumber mill. If that doesn't sound exciting enough, think zombies and movable, blood-spraying saw blades. Watch your step."
- Update: 10/14/96: The House of Horrors and the lumber mill are getting the most attention though, adding lots of stacked 3D areas.
- Update: 11/11/96: Craig finished up the lumber mill, but he still can't get through it on the hardest setting--primarily because he tends to panic and blow himself up whenever he runs into spiders. Since he's not afraid of spiders in real life, one can only presume that Nick (who IS afraid of spiders) is in big trouble on this level.
- Update: 10/21/96: Craig has been working on the lumber yard map, despite the fact that he is sick.
- The second level of Build engine stable-mate and fellow 1997 release Redneck Rampage, is also set in a lumber mill,