Not to be confused with the fan website Blood Line
"BloodLines was to be the most ambitious total conversion ever created for Blood. It still is, but it's far from what was intended. We have admitted that BloodLines will never be fully completed and have decided to release the TC "as is" with some retouching to make incomplete maps actually playable. I hope you'll enjoy playing it as much as we have enjoyed making it. Be aware though, that not all maps are what you would expect from a Blood level, it's not all bloody mayhem. Don't be disappointed if the TC doesn't fit your ideas about how a 3d-shooter should be, much of it is about atmosphere rather than action, you will benefit from approaching BloodLines with an open mind. This is the beta version of the first three episodes, including 13 maps, two new enemies and loads of new art and sound."
BloodLines (also spelt Blood Lines or Bloodlines) is an old add-on project hosted by Planet Blood. The add-on features Caleb interacting with a failed writer named Maximilian "Max" Dunkel, who attempts to commit suicide after never actually writing his much anticipated upcoming book. Before he can do it however, he is approached by a man in the black suit representing "Prospero Publishing", who hands him an eerie typewriter to finish the book. Grateful, Max asks him what he can do to repay him, and the man in the black suite asks him to do "one small thing" for him.
It was one of the first major Blood add-ons to feature new multimedia assets, requiring the, at least temporary, overwriting of existing ones. This technique was later used in add-ons such as Bloody Pulp Fiction. The beta release featured thirteen levels spread over three episodes.
See Also: List of Bloodites
The development team behind the project operated under the name Necrosoft, and contained many otherwise well known mappers.
- Matt Mann (aka DaMann)
- Felix Drott
- Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- Craig Duckett
- Joel "Reactor" and Kurt "Headhunter" Blackwell
Link: The Asylum
"However, I've made a promise to release the first three episodes, and enough promises about release dates have been broken through the years, so here it is, the beta-version of BloodLines. It's up to you wether you want to play it now, or wether you want to wait for the final release three weeks from now including the fourth episode, the cutscenes explaining the story, and possibly a map or two more in the 1st to 3rd episodes as well. Maybe some of you feel that playing an unfinished version will ruin the enjoyment of the final version, or maybe the additions in the final release will make you want to play the TC all over again. The choice is yours."
Episode 1: Reality Bites
- ble1l1: The Madhouse - Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- ble1l2: Dark Cathedral - Craig L. Ducket
- ble1l3: Epidemic - Matt Mann (aka DaMann)
- ble1l4: Highway to Hell - Felix Drott
- ble1l5: The City on the Edge of Dreams - Michael Shire (aka Micho)
Episode 2: Perchance to Dream
- ble2l1: Wide Awake in Dreamland - Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- ble2l2: The Twilight Zone - Felix Drott
- ble2l3: Nightmare at 15fps - Felix Drott
- ble2l4: Gallery of Dreams - Felix Drott
Episode 3: Ashes to Ashes
- ble3l1: The Morgue - Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- ble3l2: Crime Scene - Matt Mann (aka DaMann)
- ble3l3: The River Styx - Alexandre Vancomerbeck (aka Hades)
- ble3l4: Cemetery of Souls
- SinC01: The Plot Sickens - for Plasma Pak
- SinC02: Hall of the Dreaming God - for Plasma Pak
- SinC03: Sky Rage - for BloodLines
- SinC04: Chateau Darkfrost - for BloodLines
"In other news, the Bloodlines project I was a part of back then, we are now coming back to it and will be finishing up some of the unfinished maps, cutscenes, etc. and releasing it sooner than later :) All this BloodGDX stuff, finding all these cool TCs (what we called MODS back in the day), etc. coming out and being played... and finding youtube videos of kids and people who weren't even born yet or were youngin's when we made it, playing it... its pretty amazing stuff! I was just out searching for Reactor & Headhunter, letting them know we were coming back to this project and letting them know their amazing level was going to get posted out... finally... 17 years later!!"
--Matt Mann (aka DaMann)