Caleb meets the Headless Thompson Gunner By Hamish Wilson Mombasa Kenya, 1969 Caleb swallowed another shot of whiskey at the local bar. He laid his head back in his chair and closed his eye's as the alcohol flowed through his veins. There was an unkempt man sitting in a table nearby, drowning his sorrows in a glass of gin. Caleb did not notice when a new visitor arrived, he did however hear the burst of his Thompson Gun. The majority of the occupants of the bar rushed for the various exits, but Caleb barely took a glance before taking another drink of his whiskey. The man was head-less, and had apparently killed the unkempt man sitting at the other table. After a few minutes the barkeeper poked his head out from under his chair. The headless man proceed to gesture for a glass of beer. Caleb decided that he might as well make a comment. “You can fire a Thompson Gun pretty good, but I bet I could do better!” he taunted before taking another drink. The headless man took out a notebook and jotted down “Your on!” and took out his Thompson Gun. Caleb proceed to do the same, and aimed it at the corpse of the unkempt man. The headless guy proceed to shoot him right in the throat. Caleb smiled and did one better, shooting him exactly between the eyes. The man took out his notebook again and jotted down “Good shot, Van Owen never looked so good!”. “Van Owen, huh?” Caleb grunted before returning to his whiskey glass. The man yet again took out his notebook and jotted down a couple sentences. “For a headless guy you are pretty talkative, uh Roland” Caleb said reading the note. Roland shrugged and proceed to pour the beer down his neck. After finishing his whiskey, Caleb got up and headed out the door. Knowing that the Kenyan police authorities would eventual come to the scene. Walking out he started humming a song he heard on the radio by a young artist named Warren Zevon... In honour to the late great Warren Zevon, Enjoy every Sandwich! Hamish Wilson April 28, 2008. Thanks to Monolith Productions for the Blood Games and Characters Authors Note: Warren Zevon's first solo album was Wanted Dead or Alive in 1969. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner never actually states when he got his revenge on Van Owen, so I made the date match. This is also probably the first ever work of Warren Zevon fan fiction.