Fan Fiction by DustyStyx Sunday October 31, 2004. 06:41 am "Well, here's mine. Note I'm breaking alot of my own criteria, but oh well" A deep amber played tricks with the light, glimmering across the pool of bourbon. Calloused finger traced along the wood grain, lifting to watch a drop congeal and fall to re-join the shapeless mass below. "Ah, memories" "You say somethin' buddy?" The bar tender stood there, whipping an already clean glass, eying the clock. "What's it to ya?" "Look, I really need to close up. Iii-It's nearly 4, the cops come by and see the joint still open, my boss... A rumble of a laugh cut him short. "Cops...? I think that's the least of his problems, a fine officer of the LAW!" His voice boomed through the deserted bar. "My, my. What ever should he do... this... boss of yours?" They stared at each other for a brief moment, the bar tender and the stranger. A hard level stare, melting the resolve of the tiering barkeep. Satisfied, Caleb spun on his stool, facing the door. "Well, this is what I'm going to do for ya" He stretched, touching his toes, flowing forward to a stand. He came up with a $20 and tossed it on the bar. Walking towards the door he reached to the breast pocket of his trench coat. With a sense of relief, the barkeep pocketed the $20 and began to wipe up. A pulsing red flash in the reflection was his only warning before the world began to shake. Waves of heat blasted him back against the wall. Dazed he was almost surprised to see the stranger still standing there in the door, holding what looked to be a cell phone in his hand, staring at it, as if the fireball across the street were a nothing more than a car in passing. "Huge Jass? Who IS that guy?" He tossed the phone into the booth by the door, walked out.